(Monday) 8 Aug 7:00 PM - 8:15 PM
Rhodes Theatre, RE Kefford Building,
RB Finlay Walk,
91 Pacific Highway,
HORNSBY NSW 2077
With Lisa Maltman of The Sleep ConnectionRhodes Theatre, RE Kefford Building, RB Finlay Walk, Barker College, 91 Pacific Highway, HORNSBY NSW 2077 DD/MM/YYYY
Sleep for Better Health, Resilience and Performance
Are your children getting the sleep they need to best support their Learning and Mental Health?
Lisa Maltman, founder and owner of The Sleep Connection is passionate about improving lives through healthy sleep and we welcome her to present to parents of secondary school students.
The aim of the evening is to:
- Create awareness of the level of sleep deprivation among students and the effect this is having on all aspects of their lives.
- Empower participants with knowledge, strategies and tools to make informed decisions regarding their sleep health.
Presentation topics include:
- How much sleep is needed to function optimally?
- What happens to our brain and body during the 5 stages of sleep?
- Causes and signs of sleep deprivation.
- Effects of sleep deprivation on learning and health.
- Impact of electronic devices on sleep.
- Smart sleep habits.
- Where to get further information and/or professional help.
Lisa has worked with more than 100 schools across Australia. The Sleep Connection was established to address the growing concern around the impact that insufficient sleep is having on many of our younger children, along with approximately 70% of our adolescents. This can have serious consequences on learning, motivation and mental health. Lisa specialises in helping students, staff and parents thrive in their overall physical and mental health, school performance and family lives through her interactive programs and workshops.
RSVP above for your place at this most important seminar.